gdm

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 23:08:06 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 21:41, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> I'll find that out tonight when I have the ability to make my system
> unbootable for awhile.
>
> I suspect if there is an issue - there won't be, because I believe a
> sane check is already in place within init to prevent such loops.

Here's what happened.
The keyboard was plugged in, mouse was not.

It started into gpm just fine - but the keyboard was not responding at
all (so I couldn't ctrl-alt to a virtual console and has to ssh in to
shut the box down).

I think that would happen with it running as an init script as well,
though, since this wasn't a respawn issue. gdm was in fact running (gdm
2.4.2.95)

Looks like I will have to force a respawn issue by fscking up the
XFree86 config file.

Back in a few (I hope :p)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org