Kprint 3.1.2 - missing "Driver setting" tab

Gregory Davis gregdavis at ieee.org
Mon Jun 16 15:28:58 PDT 2003

Alessio Medici wrote:

> On Fre, 30 Mai 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>> Alessio Medici said the following on 05/30/03 10:10:
>> > An hint/link-to-resource/... will be very appreciated
>>
>> Hint: use the correct list!
>>

> You are right, sorry!
> I wrote blfs-dev and read blfs-support.
>
> Sorry again
>
> Alessio Medici

Don't know where the thread went to, you should post this to blfs-support.
Anyway, is you are using the foomatic 3 scripts from linuxprinting.org, a
recent change was made that the authors of kdeprint are still integrating
(as of 3.1).  It has to do with the way options are parsed by the printing
wrapper script called by cups (foomatic-rip in foomatic 3, or cupsomatic in
foomatic 2.x).  Check the kdeprint mailing list back to January of this
year and you should see some stuff about it.  To get around the no driver
options, I made multiple instances of the same printer and just set the
options once for each type of printing I do (which is the problem; w/o a
driver options tab, you can't change the options on a per-job basis).

Greg

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org