Missing (gnome lib) dependencies

Andre Kalus akalus at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 02:16:59 PDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:19:56 +0000, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:07:00 -0500
> Tushar Teredesai <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>> Andre Kalus wrote:
>>
>> >librsvg		-> popt
>> >		-> pango2ft	-> fontconfig
>> >				-> xft		-> XRender	-> Render
>> >

>> xft, xrender and render are all part of Xfree86. Only fontconfig has
>> been released as a seperate package.
>
> And actually, if you've installed X 4.3.0, fontconfig is included as
> well - you just need to do the PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
> in your /etc/profile.

I have XFree 4.3 so they all should have been there. But when I tried to
build librsvg it complained about a missing pango2ft.
I reread the installatiion log for pango (sometimes it's good to keep
them) and it was missing fontconfig so it did not build the pango2 lib.

After installing fontconfig (I don't remember if the other packages were
necessary) pango built with pango2 support. PKG_CONFIG_PATH was correct.

Andre
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org