gdm

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 01:23:27 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 07:12, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Michael A. Peters said the following on 06/15/03 13:11:
> > One line.
> > su --command="/sbin/init 3"
>
> Yeah, try that in between furiously restarting GDM's because you just
> broke your X server. I start XDM from /service and put in a delay time
> on purpose because of this.

I will.
Not tonight but probably tomorrow.

Is there something specifically you recommend I do to break it? (if not
- I'll just specify the wrong video driver - that ought to do it)

I'm curious to see what your talking about - I've had that happen on Red
Hat and it handled it gracefully - and they start the display manager
from inittab. (in RH it was because after modifying my XFree86 file - I
copied the wrong backup - the one I had back with my VooDoo3 which I no
longer have - to the config file).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org