Nitpicking on stuff in book

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Jun 11 09:05:17 PDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:40:56 -0500
Tushar Teredesai <tushart at abbnm.com> wrote:

> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
> > Here's that patch - this includes the original fixes to portmapper, as
> > well as the later fix for newer versions of GCC.
>
> Can you send in a patch minus the existing patch? That way it is easier
> to maintain.

Sorry Tush, forgot about the separated patches.  Corrected patch file is attached.  This could also be done as a sed, something like:

cp portmap.c portmap.c.orig &&
sed "s/extern int errno;/#include <errno.h>/" portmap.c.orig > portmap.c

Not sure that's 100% accurate, since I'm not looking at the file currently, but since it's as simple as changing one line in one file to fix the current compilation problems, a sed may be more effective.

-J-
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org