Telnet client.

Edward Coffey ecoffey at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jun 10 22:03:34 PDT 2003

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> A simple "./configure --help" or checking out the README for inetutils
> would reveal the info on how to install only specific servers/clients.
> IMO it is not worth mentioning in the book. It is assumed that the user
> is comfortable in exploring the various documents included with the pkg
> and make appropriate choices.

Certainly, once you make the decision to use the inetutils version, it's
easy to figure out how to install just the telnet client, just the same
as if you choose to use netkit-telnet. I guess my point is: why is the
inetutils version preferred over the netkit version, particularly when
you consider that LFS goes the other way when installing ping and inetd
(i.e. netkit-base)?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org