Idea for enhancing BLFS

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Thu Jun 5 23:39:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 09:56, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> No need to apologize! All suggestions are welcome. I use a different
> approach but someone else may like to use your approach.

I've been meaning to ask: Was this a _really_ recent change to MPlayer
that I missed somehow?  Up until about a month ago (when I broke some of
it's support libraries and never bothered to fix them) I was using
MPlayer and I've never installed anything in the user directory for
it...  Although I will say that gstreamer from Gnome _does_ tend to need
to have gst-register run at least once by both root and the user who
intends to use a derivative app (like say, xine which is what I'm using
now)... I fully expect that need to go away by the end of the year tho.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org