FW: DocBook XML 4.2 and Scrollkeeper 0.3.12

Jürg Billeter j at bitron.ch
Wed Jun 4 08:00:58 PDT 2003

Perhaps should better have gone here...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jürg Billeter
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:17 PM
To: blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: DocBook XML 4.2 and Scrollkeeper 0.3.12

Hi

I’ve followed the xml-dtd-4.2 page including the entries needed by
scrollkeeper as I was going to install gnome. Everything went fine until
gnome-applets (2.3.3 if that makes a difference) where the build stopped
with the message that it couldn’t find
/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.2/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd. This file really
doesn’t (and I suppose shouldn’t) exist and I think the problem is in the
extra scrollkeeper steps of xml-dtd-4.2. I suppose „/xml/4.1.2“ should be
appended to the http-URLs of rewriteSystem and rewriteURI, it makes more
sense to me and on my system it worked but I'm not sure whether that's the
right way as I know almost nothing about docbook, xml catalogs and such
things.

Jürg
j at bitron.ch

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org