Tex Problem

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Jun 1 15:09:29 PDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Jim Gifford wrote:

> It looks to be an issue with the following commands
> gzip -dc ../tetex-texmf-2.0.2.tar.gz \
>       | (umask 0; cd /usr/share/texmf; tar xvf -)
>
> when I change it to
> cd /usr/share/texmf
> tar xvf /usr/src/tetex-texmf-2.0.2.tar.gz
>
> now everything works fine

 This ate me a couple of weeks back, I'm still not sure why my script
objected to eval'ing something in parentheses, but I couldn't see what
benefit we get from the umask compared to straight tar xvf.  I'm
starting to think it used to be necessary with a previous version of
tex ?

Ken
--
Live Long or Prosper! No, wait, that wasn't it...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org