FAM patch and patches in general

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sun Jun 1 12:25:58 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 19:48, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> The reason being that it's been brought to my attention that the book
> doesn't call for one to execute autoconf after applying the dnotify
> patch to fam sources.  Possibly if someone had looked at the patch
> carefully while adding comments explaining they got it from SGI (which
> in my opinion doubles as a warning to the user.  Heh) they would have
> realized that the patch only modifies configure.in and makes things in
> other files dependent on an environment variable which never gets set
> unless you regenerate the configure script.

...and before anyone gets excited, the reason I noticed this is that I
had also been applying the patch without paying it much notice, and
recently had something go blooey with nautilus that had me retracing my
steps all the way to fam, and I realized it when I was looking at the
patch to check things out.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org