alsa and version.h

Nathan Ladd nathanladd at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 19:59:45 PST 2003

The latest alsa errored out in ./configure complaining about version.h not
existing.  version.h is made when we set up the linux kernel headers at the
beginning of Chapter 6 in the LFS book, but make mrproper deletes it.
Since we make mrproper when we compile our kernel, we always need to make
include/linux/version.h whenever we install alsa.

Whenever the alsa instructions get updated, this *should* get put in.  Then
again, if I'm the only person who's having this problem, get your
clue-by-fours ready ;)

Cheers,
ThanatosNL

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org