cdrdao -> pccts dependency

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 30 20:07:57 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:49:39PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> The book says that pccts is *required* for building cdrdao, but cdrdao
> can use an internal version if there is no system installed pccts. Two
>
>   1. Remove pccts from the book since cdrdao is the only thing that
>      uses it.
>   2. Change the dependency to "will utilize".
>
> --
> Tushar Teredesai
>   http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/
>   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

I'll look at it again, but my feeling at the time was cdrdao didn't do
anything but include the source with their source.  Like zlib, we should
tend to be cautious when one package is included in another.

I don't care that much because cdrdao is the only package using pccts,
but it is currently set up to be available for any package.

Since I based my decision on directory structure of cdrdao, what I need
to do is compile cdrdao without pccts.  If it compiles and uses it, I'll
change it, if it kicks out a message to install pccts first, I'd like it
to stay as is.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org