libmng

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 28 23:40:33 PST 2003

On January 28, 2003 11:18 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Of course zlib is necessary for libmng.  But zlib is now installed in
> LFS by default.  We haven't been listing programs installed in LFS as
> dependencies.  I felt it should be removed for consistency.
>
> Does that change any minds?

Actually I would still leave it listed. I think the idea of deps. is that you
want to show people what you need installed, or maybe more to the point
_leave_ installed to have that package remain working. zlib might be in the
LFS book but what if:
1) you don't install zlib with the book
2) decide you don't need zlib so you want to uninstall it not knowing that
libmng needs it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org