Please revert the freetype zlib stuff

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 27 21:35:43 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:06:29PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ok.  I'll fix it.  But which way?
>
> 1.  Use the CVS version of freetype.
> 2.  Put a warning in freetype about the problem.  (I'll do this tonight,
> but can change it tomorrow, if necessary.)
> 3.  Put a warning/fix in XFree86 about the problem. (There are other
> packages that have the problem.)
> 4.  Use the internal version of freetype for XFree86.

5. Revert it to how it was prior to freetype-2.1.3 ie: don't even mention it
for now! People won't even realise that some static zlib code has been
compiled into their freetype (I didn't! :-) Once a new freetype version is
released that fixes the problem and is known not to cause side-effects then
re-enable the "freetype uses system zlib" bits and live happily ever after.

> BTW, the problem is in the FAQ.

No, that is a similar but different problem relating to libpng. Not relevant
here I'm afraid.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org