Please revert the freetype zlib stuff

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 27 15:26:48 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:51:14PM -0500, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> gschafer at zip.com.au (Greg Schafer) writes:
>
> > as it is causing pain and grief for users everywhere. Failure reports
> > continue to pop up all over the place. I believe it is irresponsible to
> > leave those blatantly broken instructions on the web.
>
> When did these thoroughly tested instructions become blatantly broken?

Ok, poor choice of words on my part, it was late, I was angry, I had just
found a huge bug in CVS LFS... etc, etc, etc   :-)

There is nothing wrong with the instructions themselves, but they lead to a
somewhat broken build system as evidenced by the myriad problem reports.

I believe BLFS is doing a dis-service to the public by leaving those
instructions on the web.

Apologies re the original poor choice of words.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org