Please revert the freetype zlib stuff

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 27 10:35:18 PST 2003

On January 27, 2003 10:36 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/x/freetype2.html
>
> A change was made to use the system installed libz.so instead of the
> internal zlib. That caused problems when compiling X and other apps.
> This has been fixed in freetype-CVS.

Ah that bit me in the back yesterday, but slightly different. I couldn't get
QT-3.1.1 to compile properly using Xft2 until I removed the XFree86 version
of zlib. During link it insisted using /usr/X11R6/lib/libz.so instead of
/usr/lib/libz.so

I probably should've kept the X version of zlib but oh well I didn't.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org