XFree build error handling

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Jan 25 04:00:50 PST 2003

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Seth W.Klein wrote:
>> A method probably better than logging is to make the build halt on
>> errors by using ``make WORLDOPTS="" World''.
> Perhaps.  I'd like to get other opinions.

The reason make World doesn't halt on errors is that the build process
takes a long time. The developers therefore do a make World 2>&1 | tee
makeworld.log and leave the machine; fixing errors afterwards. This was
exlained on the xfree86 mailinglist shortly ago.
IMHO this is counter-intuitive in comparison to the build method of
autoconf packages so we should use the above option.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org