GPM 1.20.1 problems

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 21 14:20:47 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:08:06PM -0500, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> gschafer at zip.com.au (Greg Schafer) writes:

> >> No.  It failed for me too.
> >
> > Only happens with -Os
> >

> Bingo, sure does.  Now what, is exporting LDFLAGS="-lm" good enough?

I dunno. You're the programmer around here so you go figure it out :-)

Common sense tells me that if a program includes math.h then it should link
against -lm. But there may be reasons why that is not true.

But I don't understand why it works when not compiled with -Os. I just
discovered it fails when compiling with no optimisation at all (-O0) so
maybe the ceil rounding function gets optimized away by the compiler or
sumthin??

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org