question re ALSA driver on ens1371 card

A. Drosos drososa at otenet.gr
Mon Jan 20 08:29:57 PST 2003

Have compiled/installed the rc6 driver. Observed this error on running the
alsa script in init.d:

Starting alsa...    Restoring volumes.../usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:960:
Cannot write control '3:0:0:IEC958 Playback Mask:0' : Operation not
permi[FAILED]

Apparently cannot write on that channel. Note that otherwise the driver works
fine. I also had no problems with rc3 on an LFS 4.0 system. My current system
is cvs based (Jan 3, 2003) and my soundcard is a PCI 128 Soundblaster. Has
anyone seen something similar?

TIA for any pointers.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org