Xfree86 w/freetype fix

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Sun Jan 19 13:15:41 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 00:41, Kevan Shea wrote:

> Ah, that's what I meant.  I was trying to say in my initial email that the CVS
> was either fixed or you had to pass LDFLAGS to it (I passed LDFLAGS without
> trying it without first).  Sorry for the confusion.
>
> You're right, with 2.1.3, I couldn't find a way to link it to zlib either, so
> you have to adjust the other apps.

Or... although this doesn't seem to be a popular option... you can cut
your losses and simply let freetype use it's own tiny version of libz.
It doesn't make the library significantly larger, we _know_ the problem
will go away when 2.1.4 is released and this will work without a fight,
and in the meantime far less struggling with apps that don't realize
freetype needs -lz is required.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org