Xfree86 w/freetype fix

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Sun Jan 19 00:28:18 PST 2003

On Sunday 19 January 2003 09:24, Jim Gifford wrote:
> Do you agree with my proposed fix to the problem, instead of the
> LDFLAGS="-lz" fix.

It may work - not really tested by me.

I am afraid that there is some other braindamaged piece of software that does
not look at freetype-config. But, since I did not use the system zlib when
compiling freetype, I cannot detect this right now. Maybe xpdf? Its
'configure' script does not call freetype-config.

Maybe it is only my problem, but nevertheless. I suspect that freetype
configuration should be also available via pkg-config, but this is not so on
my computer because I (wrongly) installed pkg-config after freetype. a) how
do I get pkg-config working with freetype? b) what about zlib in that way of
configuration?

Also, since I am too lazy, what does ldd freetype-from-CVS.so output?

Alexander E. Patrakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org