Moving to new format?

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 18 13:02:43 PST 2003

Billy O'Connor wrote:

>tushar at linuxfromscratch.org (Tushar Teredesai) writes:
>

>>Will the BLFS book be moving to the newer format that the LFS book
>>currently has before the first release?
>>
>>If not, I will start updating the OO, moz and j2sdk sections in the
>>current format, if a move is planned soon I will wait or edit with the
>>newer format.
>>

>I don't feel this would be a good format for BLFS.  BLFS installs
>packages that are quite a bit more complicated than the ones in the
>LFS book.  Some of the more complicated packages would have build
>commands farther apart than I'd like to see them.

That's the point of the re-org, not to provide cut-paste style commands
but provide more information in what is happening and to provide
options. The way it currently is it more resembles a build script not a
book. Compare an hint with its corresponding blfs-book page, the hint is
always easier to understand and the user can customize the building of
the package to his/her requirement. The reorg actually makes more sense
for the blfs-book then the lfs-book. Most of the lfs packages don't have
a wide variety of options that blfs packages have.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org