Xfree86 w/freetype fix

Jim Gifford jim at jg555.com
Fri Jan 17 22:39:29 PST 2003

I kept received an inflate error during the build of xfree86 using freetype
and xfree as stated in the book. The common problem seems to be that zlib
was not being accepted. Here is how I got around this issue.

cd /usr/src/xc/config/cf && cp X11.tmpl{,.orig}
cd /usr/src/xc/config/cf && sed -e 's|-lfreetype|-lz -lfreetype|g' \
                                                 X11.tmpl.orig > X11.tmpl

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org