Typo? xml-dtd-4.2

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 16 15:55:45 PST 2003

Larry wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 03:02:46PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>*There is an error in the first line that adds (scrollkeeper) entries to
>>the centralized catalog, viz:
>>	xmlcatalog --noout --add "public" \
>>	"-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" \
>>	"http://oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd" \
>>	/etc/xml/docbook
>>
>>The catalog to be updated is /etc/xml/catalog and not /etc/xml/docbook.
>>

>My installation is like the instructions (that doesn't make it right!)
>and I paralleled this entry with the second xmlcatalog entry for the
>installation of xml-dtd-4.2.
>
>This made sense in the context of xml as it generally ignores the public
>identifier in favor or the URI.  Statements 2 and 3 catch the URI and
>delegate (catalog shift) to docbook.  Statements 4 and 5 handle the
>redirection.
>
>I see there is no specific delegatePublic for 4.1.2, but the
>delegatePublic in catalog is version "pure" and would catch 4.2 and
>4.1.2 and delegate to docbook.
>
>That said, what are you running into that indicates I'm wrong or
>maybe that it doesn't matter?

I had problems with scrollkeeper, without the above entry it failed to
find docbook-xml-4.1.2. The following is the line from scrollkeeper's
configure script that checks whether docbook dtd is installed:
    xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org