Typo? xml-dtd-4.2

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 16 14:37:05 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 03:02:46PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> *There is an error in the first line that adds (scrollkeeper) entries to
> the centralized catalog, viz:
> 	xmlcatalog --noout --add "public" \
> 	"-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" \
> 	"http://oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd" \
> 	/etc/xml/docbook
>
> The catalog to be updated is /etc/xml/catalog and not /etc/xml/docbook.
> *
>
> --
> Tushar Teredesai
>   http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/
>   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

My installation is like the instructions (that doesn't make it right!)
and I paralleled this entry with the second xmlcatalog entry for the
installation of xml-dtd-4.2.

This made sense in the context of xml as it generally ignores the public
identifier in favor or the URI.  Statements 2 and 3 catch the URI and
delegate (catalog shift) to docbook.  Statements 4 and 5 handle the
redirection.

I see there is no specific delegatePublic for 4.1.2, but the
delegatePublic in catalog is version "pure" and would catch 4.2 and
4.1.2 and delegate to docbook.

That said, what are you running into that indicates I'm wrong or
maybe that it doesn't matter?

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org