PHP Build Instructions

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 16 03:00:52 PST 2003

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:55:18AM -0800, J_Man wrote:
> I was browsing the BLFS stuff tonite as I build my new LFS for my
> server, and I notice that PHP still doesn't have build instructions for
> it.  Is anyone currently actually working on PHP install instructions?
> If not, I know PHP pretty well, know most of the things necessary for
> it, and would be more than happy to write it up.  I will admit, I'm not
> fully up on FHS compliance, so would probably need some help from you
> guys who are more knowledgable about FHS in that aspect.
>
> Also, perhaps I could do a write up on Apache 2 - I've been using it for
> a while now, and it seems pretty stable for me, we could put it
> alongside the existing Apache 1 instructions, and give people a choice
> on whether they want to play with the newest and greatest.

I have both php and httpd (aka apache2) assigned to me on bugzilla.  I
know php should have been in blfs-book cvs a long time ago..but all I can
say is that I don't have time to add it immediatly, however after the
23th, all I plan on doing is sitting down and working on it (and other lfs
stuff).  Recently Timothy's really been pushing me and sending me thinks
to help along, so it wont take me too long to get it added again.

You also have to remenber that httpd is a totally different package then
apache now.  Such that both can be installed side-by-side, and i've taken
that into consideration when I had commited the apache section.  httpd
will be able to use the same setup, just different directory names.
(/etc/httpd, /usr/lib/httpd, /var/log/httpd, etc)

> Let me know if you want me to tackle this, and I can probably have
> something for you guys by the end of the weekend, as I'm going to have
> to build PHP and Apache 2 soon for the server.

You do understand the nature of apache2's and php's support and how they
interact with each other, right?  It's not exactly..uh.. "recommended"
right now :)  (at least not for anything of significant value ;o)

Anyways, if you want to help that would be great, as i've been planning
on resolving this issue as soon as i'm done my exams, having these bugs
assigned to me for nearly a year is getting absurd.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org