Docbook hint

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 12 19:19:27 PST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:03:03 +0900, Jeremy Larner wrote:

> Do you mean getting "no such file....index.sgml" errors when doing 'make
> install' for most of the Gnone 2 packages?  Yeah, I got those.  They
> were a little confusing.  What is the best way to get round them?  A
> comment about them in the book might be nice, so people like me don't
> think they're going insane, or messed something up earlier on.
>
> I think it all worked apart from those though....
>
> Jeremy

Yes, the solution is to "touch index.sgml" in the proper directory.  It
will be in the book when I understand the conditions of it's occurrence.
I'm pretty sure it's 1) gtk-doc installed, 2)no --enable-qtk-doc switch in
the command line and 3) package error (leaving it out).  My priority
currently is to verify --enable-gtk-doc on applicable packages, then I can
go through the packages without the switch.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org