Sendmail

Wouter Van Hemel wouter at pair.com
Thu Jan 9 19:38:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Billy O'Connor wrote:

> bdubbs at swbell.net (Bruce Dubbs) writes:
>
> > There needs to be an explaination why user 18 and groups 18 and 19 are
> > used.  Is this required?  Arbitrary?  What if a user already has a usr
> > 18 or group 18 or 19?
> >

> > The Configuring Sendmail instructions have the line:*
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail -bs -bd -q1m

A queue-run every minute is quite often, if it's a mailserver (as in
designated machine function), something between 15-30min is more
appropriate, depending on the situation.

This will run the whole queue every minute, which is probably not what you
want if you have a decent amount of messages crammed in there.

Ofcourse, this issue might beyond the scope of the book - I'd merely like
to suggest a more sane default.

Regards,

  wouter

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org