Truetype directory

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Jan 7 18:11:20 PST 2003

Larry wrote:

>For some reason, this is really bothering me.  On my xfree-4.2.99.3
>install, the directory installed for truetype was:
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
>
>The XF86Config.new created by xfree86 -configure sets the font path to:
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
>
>Then in the xpdf instructions for .xpdfrc, we set the font directory to:
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype
>
>xlsfonts does not list any fonts from the TTF directory, but
>sed /TrueType/TTF in configure produces an error. - Could not init font
>path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF, removing from list!
>
>I do not pretend to have studied the new font system, but it appears
>that truetype fonts will be going to /TrueType and I need to adjust
>xpdf. Can anyone enlighten me on this or point the way to the
>documentation that explains this.

The TTF/ files installed and TrueType/ directory in XF86Config is the
behavior in XFree86 and has been that way since at least version 4.1.
 xlsfonts just reflects what is in the XF86Config (or xfs) fontpath.
 Its up to each user to set the fonts the way they want them, but I
admit it seems confusing.  I'd prefer to leave them for the user to
change.  However, we could put a note in the text.

I haven't looked at xpdf.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org