Truetype directory

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 7 17:37:26 PST 2003

For some reason, this is really bothering me.  On my xfree-4.2.99.3
install, the directory installed for truetype was:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

The XF86Config.new created by xfree86 -configure sets the font path to:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

Then in the xpdf instructions for .xpdfrc, we set the font directory to:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype

xlsfonts does not list any fonts from the TTF directory, but
sed /TrueType/TTF in configure produces an error. - Could not init font
path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF, removing from list!

I do not pretend to have studied the new font system, but it appears
that truetype fonts will be going to /TrueType and I need to adjust
xpdf. Can anyone enlighten me on this or point the way to the
documentation that explains this.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org