freetype2 problem

Ron ron885 at bloodheart.com
Tue Jan 7 15:15:27 PST 2003

i was talking to markh and he told me to mail both these lists... please cc to me because i'm not on the list

in the compliation instructions for freetype2 you specify to use the system zlib... thats all fine and dandy except that requires anything linked to freetype2 to be linked agianst zlib...

3 solutions:
1) patch the freetype-config program to say --libs is -lfreetype -lz... does every program use freetype-config?
2) patch the makefiles to link libz to the freetype.so
3) when linking the freetype.so together link in the libz.a from the system

i think the 2nd solution is the best... i can provide a patch if needed...

thanks for listening

Ron885
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org