New a2ps section

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 3 06:18:28 PST 2003

On Thu, 02, Jan, 2003 at 10:11:48AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs spoke thus..
> The FHS says that / should only have directories.  If the user has .el
> files there, he will know about it and not execute the rm command or not
> care if they are deleted.  Not changing the Makefile.in allows the user
> to reconfigure after and reinstall into the proper directory if emacs is
> added later and requires no change if emacs is already installed.

Though to be fair, standard *LFS advice when building a package again is
to start from a fresh source tree.

Mark

"I've had people claim that they actually make the sun rise rise every
 morning.  I've offered to test them by shooting them.  So far all these
 people have not responded to my endevours."
     James Randi on BBCi Live Chat
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org