XFree 4.2.99.x host.def

Dagmar d'Surreal no.spam at allowed.here
Fri Jan 3 00:52:46 PST 2003

Okay, after spending about 45 minutes spelunking in xc/config/cf this is
what I'm using for a host.def file at the moment... (Just don't cut and
paste it)

/* This seems to be all that's necessary to get XFree86 to */
/* use Freetype2, zlib, and libpng. */
#define HasFreetype2            YES
#define HasZlib                 YES
#define HasLibpng               YES

/* These two take a little more convincing */
#define HasLibxml2              YES
#define UseLibxml2              YES
#define HasExpat                YES
#define UseExpat                YES

/* Really conservative settings */
#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -march=i586
-mcpu=i686

/* These default to the opposites */
#define CompressAllFonts        YES     /* Save a little disk space */
#define InstallFSConfig         YES     /* install sample fs config */

/* These are default, which are perfect for me and are just here to */
/* see if anyone has come to a different conclusion. */
/* #  define HasSSESupport NO */
/* #  define Has3DNowSupport NO */

/* #  define HasX86Support YES */
/* #  define HasMMXSupport YES */

Hopefully by morning I'll have a set of binaries and I can carefully
start slipping the new system into place.  I see from reading the
READMEs that progress has been made with the snowing in my ViRGE cards
so I'm looking forward to this.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org