New a2ps section

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Jan 1 14:42:13 PST 2003

Mark Hymers wrote:

>Yeah, I guessed they were elisp but I was more wondering why it had
>shoved them in / :-)

I wondered too.  I took a look and the contrib/emacs Makefile is not
very smart.  I traced the generation back to configure and found that
aclocal.m4 generates a variable called lispdir.  That function sets
lispdir to null if emacs is not installed.  The install then puts the
files in:

$(INSTALL_DATA) $$d$$p $(DESTDIR)$(lispdir)/$$f;

DESTDIR is null too, but that's normal.

The easiest thing to do is probably just delete the files from /.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org