Time to go to LFS CVS ??

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 14:21:32 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 07:09:02PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:

> OK.  Here's my plan:
>
> 1) Get book ready (apart from XF86 chapter which will remain in present
>    state)
> 2) On Jan 23, assuming its ready, add XFree86-4.3.0 and immediately put
>    out a BLFS-rc  [Argh - it'll have to be the 24/25th, I'm away on the
>    22nd and 23rd]
> 3) Speak to Gerard regarding LFS release date and try and synchronise
>    things properly
>
> Seem OK?
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Hymers <markh at linuxfromscratch dot org>

I'm in for docbook sgml and possibly LPrng (if I can find my notes).
Docbook includes the rewrites to unreference the hint as Tush wants to
retire it.

I would not expect XFree86-4.3.0 to break anything, so I see nothing
wrong with going to rc at that point.

My opinion on version numbers is to match the major-minor of LFS with the third
position used for significant bug fixes (when necessary).  I also don't
believe that we have to publish at the same moment as LFS, but it
certainly should be within a week.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org