Time to go to LFS CVS ??

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Wed Jan 1 14:18:58 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Rob Park wrote:

> Alas! Gerard Beekmans spake thus:
> > at least we'll be catching up to Redhat, Mandrake et all a bit sooner
> > this way
>
> I can't really blame you for that. Slackware inflated their version
> number from (IIRC) 4.0 to 7.0 just so that they wouldn't look so "old"
> in comparison to the above mentioned distros ;)

hm ... what about a version number out of kernel gcc and glibc
{,b}lfs 2.4.20-3.2.1-2.3.1-1 hm ... looks ugly! maybe add something ...
7.9.22-1 no ...
aehm ...
just forget ...

but maybe the sum of mayor.minor version numbers should give us a hint

so next release could be 7.9-1
just something to think of ...

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org