Time to go to LFS CVS ??

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 11:09:02 PST 2003

On Wed, 01, Jan, 2003 at 12:46:17PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs spoke thus..
> Mark Hymers wrote:
>
> >Hmm.. I was going to laugh at that suggestion but I've just been
> >reviewing the book and I think it *might* be possible.  The main things
> >we're waiting on at the moment are XFree86-4.3.0 and KDE-3.1; I don't
> >know the release dates: maybe Bruce can enlighten us.
> >
> XFree86-4.3 is suppoed to be released around Jan 23 at the Linux World
> Conference.  KDE-3.1 is scheduled for "early" January.

Urgh... Jan 23 is cutting it a bit fine really.

OK.  Here's my plan:

1) Get book ready (apart from XF86 chapter which will remain in present
   state)
2) On Jan 23, assuming its ready, add XFree86-4.3.0 and immediately put
   out a BLFS-rc  [Argh - it'll have to be the 24/25th, I'm away on the
   22nd and 23rd]
3) Speak to Gerard regarding LFS release date and try and synchronise
   things properly

Seem OK?

Mark

"I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will."
     Tony Blair
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org