Time to go to LFS CVS ??

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 11:07:07 PST 2003

On Wed, 01, Jan, 2003 at 12:12:45PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai spoke thus..
> No need to make intermediate releases, just make releases
> simaltaneously. Except for the initial simaltaneous announcement (which
> I think should be 5.0), LFS should be the driving force for changing
> version numbers.

The one problem with that: Bug Fixes.

Also, there may be occassions where we have a major update we know to be
stable we'd like to put out between LFS releases.

Although I quite like being tied to producing BLFS in time for the
relevant LFS versions, I also want the flexibility to be able to produce
intermediate versions.

Mark

"I once absent-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
 and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
 a bottle of chili sauce."
     Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org