Time to go to LFS CVS ??

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Jan 1 10:54:15 PST 2003

Mark Hymers wrote:

>Chapter 4
>* Nessus and Tripwrire need to either be written or pulled from the book
>* Configuring syslog needs to be written/pulled

I'll volunteer for these. I'm thinking about adding tcpdump too.

>Chapter 26
>* Will change a lot when XFree86-4.3.0 is out

Research is basically done.  Writing will be fairly easy.  I don't
anticiapate any problems.

>Chapter 29-31
>* Will change a lot when KDE-3.1 is out
>* Kdevelop and KDM need doing (I think BD is waiting for KDE-3.1)

Yes.  I'm waiting for 3.1.  I don't believe this chapter needs much
change to the install instructions (other than adding kdm and kdevelop).

Chapter 46 (CUPS)

Working on it today.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org