depends/utilize updates for Gnome-Section (BLFS20020930)

Tobias Stöckmann tai.stoeck at web.de
Mon Sep 30 07:47:14 PDT 2002

> 2. I found it more confusing to relist dependancies, so there is an
> assumption that if you installed ORBit, than GLib is satisfied.  The
> attempt was that if your package needed "libgnomeui" for example, you could
> trace back and collect all the dependencies.
IMHO this _is_ the better way. I was just confused, because some BLFS-descriptions include some "dependencies" that are already fulfilled by dependency "foo".

> 3.  Most of the "will utilize" came from observation of the configure
> process, I did not test for actual usage.  So for packages like linc, my
> tendency would be to remove openssl when testing showed it was not
> utilized.
So I've done. Linc doesn't look for openssl, but ORBit2 does.
Die clevere Geldreserve: der DiBa-Privatkredit. Funktioniert wie ein Dispo,
ist aber viel gunstiger! Alle Infos: http://diba.web.de/?mc=021104

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org