bootscripts

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 27 14:51:16 PDT 2002

(I tried to send this two days ago but my outgoing mail relay was b0rken)

On Thu, 26, Sep, 2002 at 10:02:23AM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> Firewall start scripts are S21

That's exactly what I've used on my new system

> Firewall kill scripts are K39 - the network does not go down until K80, but
> we lose logging at K40, user processes at K50 and Disk access at K60.

I *think* it would be safe to use K59 here.  I could be wrong though
(and quite possibly am).  Reasoning: I don't think shutting down the
firewall should write anything to sysklogd; neither does it require any
current running processes to still be alive.

What do other people think?

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org