Galeon Instructions

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 14:39:15 PDT 2002

Larry Lawrence wrote:

>Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>Larry Lawrence wrote:
>>

>>>I'm testint it now, I do know that the mozilla-include will still point to
>>>$SOURCE_DIR/mozilla/dist/include for non-mozilla headers needed by galeon.
>>>

>>I remember doing a comparision of the files in $MOZ_SRC/dist/include and
>>$MOZ_PREFIX/include/mozilla and both of them were identical. Could you do
>>
>>cp -Luvr $MOZ_SRC/dist/include/* $MOZ_PREFIX/include/
>>
>>and see if any files are copied over. I am confirming it, but it will
>>take atleast 2 hours to compile it.
>>

>It would copy several directoriss over, but I really don't want that to
>happen, galeon will not need these headers after its compiled.  I have
>wondered what other programs might need them, but that's a latter issue.

My point is that Moz's make install already copies over all the header
files in include, so all include files that galeon needs would be under
/opt/mozilla/include/mozilla, so there is no need to keep the mozilla
tree around even for galeon.

So try compiling galeon against the installed mozilla headers and see if
it works. My bet is it would.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377