Galeon Instructions

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 25 14:31:10 PDT 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Larry Lawrence wrote:
>
>>I'm testint it now, I do know that the mozilla-include will still point to
>>$SOURCE_DIR/mozilla/dist/include for non-mozilla headers needed by galeon.
>>
> I remember doing a comparision of the files in $MOZ_SRC/dist/include and
> $MOZ_PREFIX/include/mozilla and both of them were identical. Could you do
>
> cp -Luvr $MOZ_SRC/dist/include/* $MOZ_PREFIX/include/
>
> and see if any files are copied over. I am confirming it, but it will
> take atleast 2 hours to compile it.
>
>>I had to create a patch for galeon-1.2.6 for mozilla-1.0.1 so new tested
>>instructions by tomarrow.

It would copy several directoriss over, but I really don't want that to
happen, galeon will not need these headers after its compiled.  I have
wondered what other programs might need them, but that's a latter issue.

My thought process is that with your current instructions, mozilla is
installed and running. mozilla finished.  Galeon need headers, but everyone
knows that Galeon needs mozilla and I tell them up front not to remove the
mozilla build directory. (no, they won't read it, but maybe they will read
it while it's rebuilding).

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org