Galeon Instructions

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 11:54:33 PDT 2002

Larry Lawrence wrote:

>Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>With the modified mozilla instructions, they should be:
>>
>>    ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome \
>>    --with-mozilla-libs=/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla \
>>    --with-mozilla-includes=/opt/mozilla/include/mozilla \
>>    --disable-werror &&
>>    make &&
>>    make install
>>
>>Could you test this out. I don't have GNOME libs installed to check it
>>out. I have verified that all the include files are copied when doing a
>>make install.
>>

>Just used your instructions and the only directory in /opt/mozilla/include
>is mozilla-1.0.1, /usr/src/mozilla/dist/include has over 50 other
>directories that you move with the hint.  What am I missing?

The latest instructions for mozilla create these symlinks

    ln -sf /opt/mozilla/include/mozilla-1.0.1 /opt/mozilla/include/mozilla
    ln -sf /opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla-1.0.1 /opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla

That way other packages don't need to know which mozilla version is
installed.
<rant>Aren't the mozilla depends packages supposed to use mozilla-config
to dicipher the various values for includes, defines, etc.?!</rant>

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org