gdk-pixbuf

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Sep 24 02:23:05 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:19:27PM -0500, Kelledin wrote:
> On Monday 23 September 2002 09:43 pm, dagmar at speakeasy.net wrote:
> > Maybe I'm missing something here, but _why on earth_ are you
> > building version 0.11.0 of gdk-pixbuf?  0.18.0 was the latest
> > (and most useable) version the last time I looked.  Granted
> > that was about a month ago, but still...
>
> Possibly because the Gnome FTP site isn't very clear as to
> whether it's stable or unstable.  Last I checked, the latest
> version of gdk-pixbuf (version 0.19.0) was in
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/, and there were
> no versions in /pub/GNOME/stable.  I seem to dimly remember a
> time when that was different, and I seem to remember (equally
> dimly) version 0.11.0 as being the latest "stable" version at
> the time.

I already mentioned this:-

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2002/09/0055.html

note the PS last para

Some notable Gnome personnel have been known to "flame" LFS so I hereby
take this opportunity to "flame" the Gnome ftp site :-)  Tho' looks like
the reorg is heading in the right direction.

0.19.0 is definitely the version to use.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org