gdk-pixbuf

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 23 20:19:27 PDT 2002

On Monday 23 September 2002 09:43 pm, dagmar at speakeasy.net wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here, but _why on earth_ are you
> building version 0.11.0 of gdk-pixbuf?  0.18.0 was the latest
> (and most useable) version the last time I looked.  Granted
> that was about a month ago, but still...

Possibly because the Gnome FTP site isn't very clear as to
whether it's stable or unstable.  Last I checked, the latest
version of gdk-pixbuf (version 0.19.0) was in
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/, and there were
no versions in /pub/GNOME/stable.  I seem to dimly remember a
time when that was different, and I seem to remember (equally
dimly) version 0.11.0 as being the latest "stable" version at
the time.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"