mozilla spellchecker directory structure problem

Gabe Munoz munozga at uwec.edu
Mon Sep 23 16:22:34 PDT 2002

Hello,

I just finished building mozilla-1.1 from blfs-cvs-20020922 and I
only encountered a single problem with the directory structure of
the spellchecker that I downloaded from the LFS ftp site. After
following the books directions I received the following error:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla/xpinstall/wizard/unix/src2'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla/xpinstall'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mozilla/l10n'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mozilla/l10n/langpacks'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla/l10n/langpacks'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla/l10n'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla'
make tier_94
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mozilla'
tier_94: extensions
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mozilla/extensions'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `spellcheck/Makefile.in', needed by `spellcheck/Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla/extensions'
make[1]: *** [tier_94] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mozilla'
make: *** [default] Error 2

This told me that the instructions could not find the
`spellcheck/Makefile.in' file. I noticed that the spellchecker
package from the LFS site created a directory of the following:
<mozilla_source_dir>/extensions/spellchecker/spellcheck/
Notice the directory that needs to be immediately within the
extensions directory is `spellcheck/'. This directory contains
all of the spellchecker source files; however, the mozilla build won't
find it with the existing directory structure. So, to fix this
we simply need to move the `spellcheck/' directory to the follwing
location: <moz_source_dir>/extensions/

Has anyone else noticed this, has this been fixed already???
If not someone should verify this (I could be wrong I guess!) and
fix it, if it needs fixing.

I posted this to blfs-dev because I don't need help with the problem,
because I got mozilla to build by fixing the directory structre.
I figured someone else might have the same problem.

-Gabe Munoz
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org