dri info

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Mon Sep 16 20:30:30 PDT 2002

The following was taken from a post in blfs-support:

btw i dont think you need the cvs
of dri anymore, speaking with people on the Xpert mail
list, i think most things are already merged into the
main XFree86-4.2.1 tree

I wanted to mention here that dri worked out of the box, without any
config on a completely new system build.  I had built the dri and
agpgart modules into the kernel on the initial kernel config. (2.4.19)
Built XFree86-4.2.1 and didn't really mess with the host.def (except for
optimizations).  Ran XFree86 config and edited the XF86Config file for
my mouse, fired up X, and ran glxinfo.  Shows everything correct.

Thought maybe it should be mentioned.  I've still had problems building
some modules with the cvs checkout of the dri stuff, so I left it the
way it was..no problems at all.  Anyways, thought this might be of some
use for ya'll.

Thanks

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org