cvs instructions

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Sep 16 02:29:04 PDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:39:26 -0500 "DJ Lucas" <dj_me at swbell.net> wrote:

> Just a quick thought, although rather trivial, perhaps we should
> instruct the user to 'touch ~/.cvspass' as cvs will close with this
> error if the file does not exist.

Huh? On my system CVS reports the missing file but works nontheless. Oh,
wait. Are you talking about "cvs login" ? Is that the command that fails?
Just forget it. I've not encountered a single site where anonymous access
actually requires a cvs login (although they all list in in the
instructions). And noone I've asked so far could provide me with a reason
to use cvs login. They all say that they've just copied the cvs
instructions from somewhere else and never questioned them.

MSB

--
Why is TV called a medium?
Because it's neither rare nor well done.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org