XFree and freetype2

seeker authenticseeker at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 02:54:42 PDT 2002

When I was looking into this a few months back, I found a reply on one of the
xfree mailinglists by 1 of the developers (can't remember which list or
developer, been awhile) that said putting :

#define HasFreetype2 YES

in host.def was enough. That define tells xfree that you already have it on
your system, so don't compile and also find out where your libraries are.
Also this worked for only the latest version of xfree at that time, but of
course we always have the latest installed on our systems ;)

I've been using just that define and everything has worked perfectly for me,
but of course having the other 2 defines don't hurt things either.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org